Friday, February 14, 2014

Diets - the Fallacies! The Experts?

Sticking to a New Year’s resolution to get fitter and healthier - which involves weight loss - is already proving difficult.  Knowing the stats that in a year or two it is probable the weight I may shed will be back to where I am today.

BUT WHY!! Is it my failure of willpower? Is it the dietary changes that doom me to failure?

Considering obesity linked disease such as diabetes my future health and quality of life is something I need to resolve NOW!


Conflicting information on how to eat healthy and maintain a healthy weight and the major increase in rates of obesity / diabetes would make one think conventional wisdom may be wrong.
In my parents day very few people were overweight.   Apparently in the war years what with rations and growing their own food people were leaner and healthier than we are today.

Now with more published on diet and weight loss than ever we are getting fatter and fatter!

Is it that nutrition research has many theories but no proof.  What foods help us live a long and healthy life.

Is the mantra on dietary fat and high cholesterol correct?  Is the evidence there?  So called experts disagree.

What is clear is modern people are eating too much and not exercising enough. So as an individual I will stop believing experts have all the answers and challenge myself to get healthier by moving more, eating less crap and more minimally processed foods and being kind to myself .

Before making umpteen dietary restrictions I'd like some more evidence.  Is that too much to ask?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...